Americans for Fair Treatment is unique because we place a great emphasis on developing strong personal relationships with the men and women who seek our help.
We get to know our members as individuals so we can help them craft a customized action plan that meets their goals and needs.
Generally speaking, people who connect with us are usually looking for answers on how to leave their union, or how to create a “local-only” union. They may also be dealing with maintenance-of-membership traps or unauthorized dues deductions. They may also be frustrated with union corruption or malfeasance.
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for fielding incoming requests for help, qualifying if we can help them, and then making a connection for them with our outreach director and outreach managers for further conversations.
The Outreach Coordinator will:
- Take inbound phone calls for people inquiring about Americans for Fair Treatment, including government workers and members of the media.
- Connect government employees with an Outreach Director or Outreach Manager for additional conversations as appropriate.
- Coordinate schedules, travel and appointments for Outreach Managers in an efficient manner.
- Maintain membership rolls and track the progress of individual members.
- Assist in the coordination of membership events and communication.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Strong and unflinching commitment to the mission of the organization
- Deep empathy for people who are unhappy with forced unionization
- Strong dedication to excellent and personalized customer service
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to screen a call and qualify whether Americans for Fair Treatment can help a caller
- Ability to handle sustained call levels
- Strong discretion and respect for personal privacy
- Ability to use project management software and log progress
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to pitch in on special projects
- Prior experience working in the public sector (e.g., state employment, school district, municipality or utility) is strongly preferred
- This position will be filled remotely.
- Can be part-time or full-time.
- Some evening and weekend hours expected.
- Significant regional travel.
Benefits (full-time staff only)
- Monthly stipend for health care
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology
- Matching 403b retirement plan up to 4%
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
- Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
Please include the position title and your name in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with Americans for Fair Treatment!