Americans for Fair Treatment is unique because we place a great emphasis on developing strong personal relationships with the men and women who seek our help.
We get to know our members as individuals so we can help them craft a customized action plan that meets their goals and needs. The Outreach Manager is the person who nurtures and develops that relationship.
Generally speaking, people who connect with us are usually looking for answers on how to leave their union, or they could be interested in creating a “local-only” union. They may also be dealing with maintenance-of-membership traps or unauthorized dues deductions. They may also be frustrated with union corruption or malfeasance.
The Outreach Manager is responsible for connecting people with existing organizational and external resources that get workers the help they’re seeking.
- Provide assistance to Pennsylvania public sector workers who have concerns about their union.
- Make personal visits to people who’ve requested help, learn about their situation, and then connect them with organizational and external resources.
- Grow relationships with current Americans for Fair Treatment members to do more to advance the cause of worker freedom.
- Develop strategic community contacts and identify transformational influencers who can help their networks of friends and colleagues exercise their rights.
- Find compelling stories of men and women who deserve to have their choices about union membership honored.
- Share best practices with like-minded organizations and interface with vendors.
- Strong and unflinching commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Deep empathy for people who are unhappy with forced unionization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including oral communication and listening talent.
- Ability to “connect the dots” about an individual’s situation and how AFFT can help.
- Strong discretion and respect for personal privacy.
- Ability to use project management software.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout either western or eastern Pennsylvania.
- Public speaking experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in the public sector (e.g., state employment, school district, municipality or utility) is strongly preferred.
- This position will be filled remotely.
- Can be part-time or full-time.
- Some evening and weekend hours expected.
- Significant regional travel.
Benefits (full-time staff only)
- Monthly stipend for health care
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology
- Matching 403b retirement plan up to 4%
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
- Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
Please include the position title and your name in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with Americans for Fair Treatment!